Employee Guide to Installing and Clocking into JM Connect App
Below you will find links to the video "JM Connect App Basics" in both English and Spanish. Please watch the video to learn how to use JM Connect.
Enabling Location Services on your smart device
- Go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services
- Make sure that Location Services is on
- Scroll down to find the JM Connect app
- Tap the app and select Always: Allows access to your location even when the app is in the background. (The app won't work with just the "while using the app" option.)
Make sure location settings are on:
- Go to your device's Settings > Location
- Make sure the location settings are on
Give JM Connect location permissions:
- Go to your device's Settings > Apps
- Find and select JM Connect
- Select Permissions
- Enable the Location setting so it is in the "on" position
JM Connect Installation Guide
- Search for “JM Connect” in your device app store and download - It looks like this:
- Open the Application
- Click Allow to receive notifications. If you installed the app and did not allow notifications, you can always enable them later by following these directions.
- Select Always Allow to clock in and out on iPhones. Select Allow in Settings > Allow all the time to clock in and out on Android. This setting is required for the app to work properly.
- If the Always Allow option does not appear, it can be updated in your settings once the app has been installed
- Enter Username and Password
- Click "Click here to accept Terms and Conditions" then Login
- Once the app is open, click on the Clock in/out icon:
- Select the Job Class that you are clocking in for. You must click the top button, Clock in, for your time punch
- Based on the geo-location settings of all the Locations you are Trained on, the clock in/out button will use the GPS on your smart device to confirm which Location(s) you are Within and Outside of the Geofence.
- Select the Clock in button next to the Location to start your shift.
- If you're not sure which Location to clock into, check your Schedule.
- No Schedule? Contact your supervisor.
- After clicking Clock in, you will be notified at the top of the next page whether your clock in was registered as
- Inside the fence
- Outside the fence
- If your time punch is registered as outside the geofence, your shift will be flagged as pending approval by a supervisor. It will need to be manually approved before it will appear in overall time accumulations in your Timecard.
- Inside the fence
- To clock out, you must click the top button, Clock out
The Forgot to Clock Out option will display a form for you to fill in with the location, date, time, and a note or remark for why the time out punch was missed. Submitting a clock out using the Forgot to Clock Out option will flag your shift as pending approval by a supervisor. It will need to be manually approved before it will appear in overall time accumulations in your Timecard.
Activity & Time Card
The Activity area displays every single timestamp for clock ins and clock outs.
The Time Card shows each work session and only displays approved clock ins/outs.
The Overview icon takes employees to a screen that summarizes total hours worked. This is broken down by hours today, this week, and in the current pay cycle.
For more information, or to send in a request to the Janitorial Manager support department, use the red 'Help' button in the bottom right corner of any Help Desk article.