When First Downloading the JM Connect App, make sure to give it permission to use your location. This is how the location-based timeclock works. More information on the app's use of your location can be found here.
JM Connect allows chat within the two messages sections. Employee Messages and Client Messages. Each messages section is broken down by location, so only employees with access to that location will have access to the chat.
To view the location's instructions, click the Blue "i" button to the right of each location. This will display any available instructions.
Both versions of chat are only accessible by users that have been marked as trained on a location. (How do I mark a user as trained on a location?)
The Employee section gives a user with a login access to employee-only chats based on locations they have been trained on. No customers will have access to this chat.
The Client section will provide users with access to location-specific chats that customers also have access to.
Cleaning Instructions and Security/Address information
Users can access cleaning instructions, security information, and Address information for each location in the app if the information has been provided by an admin on the JM website.
To access this information:
- Log in to the JM Connect Mobile app
- Select Employee message
- Select the "i" icon on a location
- The application will display any available Security, Cleaning, and Address information.
Admins can add information to these displays by going to
- Customers > Location Details
- Select a client and location in the drop-downs at the top of the page
- Select the instructions tab
- Edit existing instructions or add new instructions.
Activity & Time Card
The Activity area displays every single timestamp for clock ins and clock outs.
The Time Card shows groups each work session and only displays approved clock ins/outs.
The clock in/out button on the main screen will provide 2 options. A Clock In/Out option, depending on if your profile is clocked in or not, and a "Forgot to Clock In" option.
If you are physically within the set location, the clock in/out button will use the GPS on your smart device to confirm the clock in. If you are not within the set location, or your location services are turned off, this option will not work. (How do I enable location services?)
The Forgot to Clock In option will display a form to fill out for submitting a time clock fix to your administrator. Fill out the form with the location, date, time, and a note or remark for why the punch was missed. The Forgot to clock in option is subject to manager approval.
Clocking in and out without the App
If you need to clock in or out and do not have app access, an employee must call the timeclock phone number from the location's phone (must be on the actual location's phone number, as that is how the system tracks and verifies the employee is at the location). To clock in or out using the location's on-site phone, follow these steps:
From the location's on-site phone (this number must match the phone number under "timekeeper phone number" on the location's general settings page - screenshot below), dial the Clock in/out phone number: (855) 641-8899
- Follow the instructions on the line
- Enter your JM Employee number and press #
The schedule in JM Connect is broken down into two sections: My Schedule and Manage Schedule.
My Schedule displays the signed in employee's scheduled hours per day at each location.
Manage Schedule displays all scheduled employees for each location, and allows you to schedule additional jobs.
Supply Requests via JM Connect
Employees with mobile access are able to request supplies for a location. The supply request will populate in the web portal, where a portal user can update the status of the request and link to supply usage.
Submitting a supply request
To submit a supply request from the JM Connect App:
Employees must be marked as trained on a location to see the supply list available in step 7 below.
- Open the app and log in
- Select the Supply request icon
- Select the + button in the top right
- Select the appropriate Customer and location from the drop-down
- Enter a title and a description describing the supplies needed
- Click Next
- Select supplies with checkboxes on the left and enter quantities on the right.
- Select Submit Supply Request
To Edit or delete an existing supply request:
Swipe left on the supply request you wish to change and use the edit or delete button as desired.
Responding to a request
When the request comes in, it can also be viewed in Inventory > Manage Supply Usage
By default, the Status will be "New." To update the supply request:
- Click the edit pencil next to the request
- In the "Supplies" tab, select the supply this request is asking for
- The supplies available in the dropdown can be edited in Inventory > Manage Supply Items
- Once a supply is selected, the Status will be updated to "Complete"
Supply requests can also be added from the portal by clicking the "Add" button above the list
- The Who’s Working button displays a list of employees who are trained in at least one location, and indicates who is currently clocked in.
- Employees who are currently clocked in will be at the top of the list, highlighted green.
- Checkbox filters are available at the top of the screen to show only employees who are clocked in, or not clocked in. You can also use the search feature on the upper right to check the status of employees at a particular location.
- The Overview icon takes employees to a screen that summarizes total hours worked. This is broken down by hours today, this week, and in the current pay cycle.
Enabling Location Services on your smart device
- Go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services
- Make sure that Location Services is on
- Scroll down to find the JM Connect app
- Tap the app and select Always: Allows access to your location even when the app is in the background. (The app won't work with just the "while using the app" option.)
Make sure location settings are on:
- Go to your device's Settings > Location
- Make sure the location settings are on
Give JM Connect location permissions:
- Go to your device's Settings > Apps
- Find and select JM Connect
- Select Permissions
- Enable the Location setting so it is in the "on" position
Choose your preferred language on the JM Connect login screen to update all text within the app to the preferred language.
Message translation is available in several languages. To set this up:
- Go to the JM website and click Settings > Manage Account
- Click on the Language tab
- Enable the languages you require
- Now, each employee will need to be customized. Go to Employees > Manage Employees
- Find your employee and click the edit pencil
- go to the User Settings tab and choose their preferred language under the Switch Language dropdown
- Click save