Clocking In and Out with Call in Option
For Employees with No Smart Device or for Locations with Poor Cell Service
Information Needed Before You Can Clock In or Out with Call-In
- Which phone to use at the location. JM uses the phone number tied to the location to confirm you are at the right location when clocking in or out. The phone to use to call into the prompt will be designated by a Manager.
- The number to dial using the location's on-site phone to reach the call-in prompt. Use one of the two numbers listed below. Both take you to the same prompt, and upon call-in, you will have the option for either English or Spanish.
- The Building Codes for each location. This is optional. Building Codes will be provided to you by a Manager if they exist for the location(s). Not every location includes a Building Code.
- Your JM Employee Timekeeper Ref. ID. Each employee has a unique ID that the call-in prompt uses to identify you. Your ID will be provided to you by a Manager.
- Your JM Company ID. This ID will only be required or provided to you if you call in using a phone that does not match the phone number saved in that location's settings. If the prompt asks you for this ID, contact your Manager and let them know what phone you are using to call into the prompt with at the location.
Use either of these phone numbers to call in from the location's landline phone designated for clocking in and out by a Manager. Both numbers reach the same prompt.
- When the call-in number is entered, you will be instructed to choose 1 for the English prompt or 2 for the Spanish prompt.
- The call-in system will then try to identify the phone number that you are calling from.
- If the call-in system does not recognize the phone number you are dialing in from: It will ask for a Company ID to identify which JM account you belong to. Entering the Company ID will move you on to step 4.
- If multiple locations have the same Timekeeper phone number: Building Codes are required to identify which location you are really at since the phone number alone is not enough to narrow it down. The system will automatically identify if the number is saved to multiple locations and ask you to enter the Building Code. Entering the Building Code will move you on to step 5.
- If the call-in system recognizes the number as one that is saved on a location: It will automatically know you are trying to clock into that specific location. It will move on to step 6.
- The call-in system will then ask you to enter your Employee ID. Enter the JM Timekeeper Ref. ID provided to you by a Manager.
- Listen carefully. If any of your IDs are entered incorrectly, the call-in prompt will say "The input is not valid" and ask you to enter the ID again.
- Lastly, the prompt will ask you to press 1 for Clocking In or 2 for Clocking Out. The same actions are taken each time you call into the prompt whether you are clocking in or clocking out. To Clock In, press 1.
- At the end of your shift, dial the timeclock number again and follow the prompts all the way through to the end. Press 2 to Clock out this time.
- If you are already clocked into a location, and you call into the prompt and try to select 1 for Clock In again, the prompt will tell you that you are already clocked in.
- If you are clocked into a location and forget to dial the prompt to clock out, and then travel to another location to clock in, the call-in prompt will automatically clock you out from the first location and into the second at the same time.
If You Forgot to Clock In
If you forgot to clock in when you arrived at the location, send a message to your Manager.
Personalized Voice Messages
Voice Messages can be unique to specific employees, specific locations, or company-wide for all employees and locations. When you follow the call-in prompt to clock in, wait to see if a voice message will be played before hanging up.
Pass the Phone
Are you and other employees clocking in with this method at the same time together at a location? Let your Manager know! We can enable a special "pass the phone" option so each employee does not have to re-dial the call-in phone number.
For more information, or to send in a request to the Janitorial Manager support department, use the red 'Help' button in the bottom right corner of any Help Desk article.