JM can be used to track a tremendous amount of information regarding the employees that work for your company. The first step is to add each employee and their pertinent information into JM. You can add employees to your account in 2 ways: Individually, or in bulk.
Before You Add Employees
Before a new employee can be added, you must define at least one Job Classification. (Housekeeper, custodial manager, janitor, etc…)
Adding Employees in Bulk
During the initial setup of your account, it is recommended to add all existing employees in bulk.
- Go to Employees > Generic Import
- Download the Instructions spreadsheet - spreadsheet used for initial upload of client locations
- The first tab, at the bottom of your Excel window, is named “Instructions”. This contains instructions for the import process including some frequently asked questions, required data, and optional data.
- The second tab named “Data” contains the information that will be imported into the JM application for your company.
- Delete the sample information in rows 2, 3, and 4
- Enter your Employee data into the form and save it
- Select the Upload Employee Workbook command to import or transfer the client data from the spreadsheet into the JM application.
Adding Employees Individually
- Go to the Employees menu and select Manage Employees
- To add a new user, select the Add New Employee Button
- Enter that employee’s information on the form
- Job Class and Hourly wage will be what payroll reporting pulls for this employee. If you need to save additional job classifications and wage levels for an employee who performs more than one job for you, see the Employee wages article
- JM Timekeeper Ref. ID is the number used for phone-in time punches. For more information on clocking in and out with phone-in time punches, use this Timekeeping Article.
- Employee Ref. Id is used when you already have a number associated with the employee for payroll purposes from a previous system or payroll company.
- User Access Information
- Create a unique username for the employee
- Choose their level of access with the User Type drop-down
- Manager - User will have more access to the JM site and apps
- Employee - User will have limited access to the JM site and apps
- Enable the user's access by clicking the available checkboxes
- Web Access - User will be able to log into JM website
- Mobile Access - User will be able to log into JM App
- Set a password for that employee
- Click save to create the employee record
- If that employee needs access to the JM site or the JM Apps, tell them their username and password you created
Employee and Manager Definitions
On Janitorial Manager, an Employee would be anyone on your payroll. A Manager is a trusted employee or manager who needs access to your JM account for reasons such as scheduling, mobile app access, reporting, etc.
Inspectors are Employees that also have the ability to create, complete, and report on inspections in JM.
To give an employee Inspector access, enable the Inspector checkbox by following these instructions:
- Go to Employees > Manage Employees
- Locate the employee you wish to edit and click the edit pencil in that row
- Enable the checkbox labeled "Inspector?"
- Save the page
Anyone who is marked as an Inspector must have web access to accept the terms and conditions before they can access the mobile app.