Sometimes you may pay employees different wage amounts for different types of jobs. This setup allows you to apply multiple job classifications and differing wage values per classification to each employee.
- Go to Employees > Manage Employees
- Edit an employee by clicking the edit button
Employees have one main job classification and wage on the General tab. To save additional classifications and associated wages, continue to step 3 below:
- Click the checkbox for Multiple Wages and click save
- This will refresh and take you back to the Employee Maintenance page
- Click the edit pencil for the employee again
- Click the new Wages tab
- Select a Classification from the Job Class dropdown
- Update the hourly wage for this employee's classification
- Click save
One of the job classifications you choose can be listed as the "Default", which will be automatically listed at the top of the list of the employee's classifications to choose from.
You can either Check the Default checkbox when adding the Job Class
or you can choose to make a different Job Class in the list the Default
If you wish to edit an existing classification on an employee, click the edit button in the Action column on the wages tab.
When accessing JM Connect, it will ask the employee to choose a Job Class, which allows the different wages to be applied to their work. The Default selected will always appear before the rest of the list is displayed.