Locations can be added to Janitorial Manager either by importing the Location Import Template file below or entering them individually. It is important to note that importing clients using a spreadsheet automatically overwrites any existing client records. The import function should only be used for initial company setup. Over time, as your janitorial company grows, and you add new customers to your business, they will need to be added to JM individually with the Add New Location command.
Bulk Import Locations:
The Import features should only be used during initial setup.
- Go to Customers > Generic Import
- Download Location Import Template - spreadsheet used for initial upload of client locations using either the link above, or the link labeled "Instructions" on the generic import page.
- The first tab, at the bottom of your Excel window, is named “Instructions”. This contains instructions for the import process including some frequently asked questions, required data, and optional data.
- The second tab name “Data” contains the information that will be imported into the JM application for your company.
- Delete the sample information in rows 2, 3, and 4
- Enter your location data into the form and save it
- Select the Upload Client Workbook command to import or transfer the client data from the spreadsheet into the JM application
Manually add a new location
- Go to Customers > Manage Location
- Select Add New Location
- After adding the required information and any of the other optional information for the location, click the Save button
Update Location Details
Once a location exists in the system, we recommend updating additional information such as the services you will provide for the location, and the staff you have assigned to work the location. Follow these instructions
- Go to Customers > Manage Locations
- find the location you wish to edit and click the edit pencil
- Click across the tabs at the top of the location information and update the settings as needed.
- Services - Define the jobs you will perform for that customer
- Assignments - Assign employees to work this location
- Instructions - Add instructions on how to clean the locations. Add multiple categories (Cleaning, security, address info...) as needed.
- Portal - Provide the company with a web page to submit their needs to you
- Schedule - Give assigned staff a set timeframe to regularly work the location