Adding Locations and Customers
A Customer is a Client you do business with. Locations are the buildings you service for your clients. Some Clients may only have one facility, some clients may have several.
Locations can be added to Janitorial Manager either by importing the Location Import Template file below or entering them individually.
Bulk Import Locations:
The Import features should only be used during the initial setup.
- Go to Customers > Generic Import
- Download Location Import Template - spreadsheet used for initial upload of client locations using either the link above or the link labeled "Instructions" on the generic import page.
- The first tab, at the bottom of your Excel window, is named “Instructions”. This contains instructions for the import process including some frequently asked questions, required data, and optional data.
- The second tab named “Data” contains the information that will be imported into the JM application for your company.
- Delete the sample information in rows 2, 3, and 4
- Enter your location data into the form and save it
- Select the Upload Client Workbook command to import or transfer the client data from the spreadsheet into the JM application
Manually Add a New Location
If you are entering a location for a brand new Customer, first go to Customers > Manage Customers and add the Customer name. Then follow the steps below:
- Go to Customers > Manage Locations
- Click +Add New Location
- Select the correct customer in the drop down menu above General Information and Budget Information. After adding the required information and any of the other optional information for the location ensure the location is being saved to the correct Customer and click the Save button