Creating a Work Order on JM Connect
Managers can add, edit, and delete Work Orders on JM Connect. Work Orders can help manage special tasks and projects for your customers and employees.
Creating New Work Orders
- Select the Work Orders icon on JM Connect.
- Select the + icon in the top righthand corner.
- Fill in the required information, then select Save at the bottom to add the Work Order.
Customer and Location (Required) - Which customer and location you are assigning the Work Order to.
Select Checklist - This allows you to add a checklist to the Work Order.
Due Date (Required) - When the Work Order should be completed.
Earliest Start Date (Required) - When the Work Order becomes available to assigned employees.
Select Type (Required) - Service allows you to attach a Service type, Supply is used for Inventory.
Select Service Type (Required) - Specifies the Service for the Work Order.
Billable - This can be selected if you want to keep track of Work Orders that need to be invoiced.
Work Description (Required) - A brief description of the job. This is visible to both employees.
Completing the steps above will create the Work Order in the New status. The Work Order will not be available to employees until you complete the scheduling.
- On the Work Orders screen, swipe left of the Work Order to show additional icons.
- Select the gray Calendar icon, then select the Assign Employee button.
- Select the desired employee, their Job Type (Job Class), wage, and estimated hours.
- Select Add Employee to add that person to the Work Order. Repeat as needed.
Assigning Supply Items
If there are supply items added within your account, those items can be assigned to Work Orders.
- On the Work Orders screen, swipe left on the desired Work Order.
- Select the gray Calendar icon, then select the Add Supply Item button.
- In the Select Supply Item dropdown, choose the supply item you'd like to add to the Work Order.
- Only Supply Items that have been assigned to the location will appear in the list.
- Adjust the Quantity of the items.
- Select Add Supply to add the item to the Work Order. Repeat as needed.
Scheduling the Work Order
Work Orders need to be Scheduled before they have the chance to be available to assigned employees.
- On the Work Orders screen, swipe left on the desired Work Order, then select the Calendar icon.
- At the bottom of the screen, select Complete Scheduling.
For more information, or to send in a request to the Janitorial Manager support department, use the red 'Help' button in the bottom right corner of any Help Desk article.