Replacing an employee for a missed shift
If an employee calls off or misses a shift, you have a few options: Have another employee clock in at that location to cover that shift, - OR - a manager can swap the employee out of the schedule manually.
Requirement for Replacing someone on a shift
The replacement employee must be marked as trained at that location. Click here for how to mark an employee as trained on a location.
Option 1: Have a replacement clock in to cover the shift
Make sure the replacement employee is trained on the location they're covering (see requirement above) and have them go clock in and run the shift.
Option 2 (on JM Website): Document shift change
- Go to Customers > Manage Schedule
- Use the filters to find the appropriate shift
- click the edit pencil
- Use the red X button to delete the employee selected
- Use the Employee dropdown to re-add the new employee and any other employees that are on this shift
- Click Save
Option 2 (on JM Connect App): Document shift change
- In the JM Connect app, click the Manage Schedule icon
- Swipe left and click edit pencil
- Add the employee that will be subbing
- Delete the employees to remove the originally scheduled employee
- Add the employee that will be subbing again
- Select the Update button