The JM Work Management Menu allows you to create and track work orders and manage projects. The work orders can have milestones (steps) to complete. Projects can be linked to work orders to help you stay organized.
To create a new project:
- Go to Work Management > Manage Projects
- Click + Add New Project
- Fill in the project details
- Name - Name the project
- Customer - Choose a customer
- Category - Choose In-house or Sub-contracting
- Type - Choose Residential or Commercial
- Project Code - Enter your company's code for internal project work
- Description - Enter a brief description of the project
- Start Date - Choose Starting Date
- End Date - Choose Ending Date
- Project Managers - Enter any managers for the project
- Billable - Check the box if this is a billable project
- Click the Save button to save the project.
The page will load a new tab called Milestones. Here, you will be able to enter the required steps for this project.
When creating milestones:
- Choose the start and end date
- If a milestone you are entering needs another milestone to be completed before this one can begin, check the Dependent on Available Milestones checkbox and choose the milestone that needs to be finished first in the drop-down that appears.
- Click the save button to add the milestone to the project.
Link a Work Order to a Project
When you have created at least one milestone on a project, you can add one or more work orders to it. Here's how:
- Click the work order button in the actions column
- NOTE: The Work order must be scheduled within the date range of the Project.
- Choose the work order you wish to add to the project in the dropdown and click the add button
When you have added a work order to a milestone, you will see that work order displayed in the table with some new buttons in the action column. Labor and Checklist.
- Labor - Displays the employees responsible for the work order
- Checklist - Displays any checklists attached to the work order