Where to find Customer Requests
When you have an incoming customer request, there will be a link at the top of your Janitorial Manager webpage (highlighted with a green box below).
Click on the "New Client Requests" link to open your portal activity page. (Also shown in the above image)
This page will display all the requests that require your attention. This list is sortable and filterable by interacting with the sorting and filtering tools in each column.
How to Respond to Customer Requests
When a request comes in, follow these steps to access and respond to the request in your JM account.
- Click on New Client Requests
- Find the request you wish to interact with, and click the View Request button in the Actions column
- This will bring up a request page that shares information in the following screenshot, explained in the below "Service Request" screenshot
Service Request Screenshot
Each menu provides different options on requests:
- General - menu provides the existing information on the request
- Messages - Messages are communicated directly to the requester via email and are also displayed on the portal. Messages sent from a portal user will also be displayed here.
- Notes - Notes are not shared with the requester or any other portal user.
- Actions - Actions are where you interact with the request itself. Each request has 5 steps in the life of a request. This is illustrated in the Actions section below.
There are potentially five steps in a request. New, Opened, In-Progress, Pending Confirmation, Resolved.
Each step will provide instructions for how to proceed with the request right on the website (In the box Labeled "Next Steps"). They'll walk you through each part of the process and show you the options on the page.
Click Mark as Open to move on to the next step.
Click Mark as In Progress to move on to the next step.
The next step is up to you. You can either Request Client Confirmation of Resolution and have the customer confirm that the task has been completed, or you can Confirm Resolution, Skip Client Confirmation to let the customer know that the task has been completed.
This is your JM view of the pending confirmation screen. Click here to view the customer view for pending confirmation.
While waiting for the customer to confirm completion, you can leave additional notes.