What is the Customer Portal?
The Customer Portal is a tool you can set up for your clients to log in and submit service requests, supply requests, feedback, and check their inspections. Each of your customers can have a different setup for their portal, depending on their needs.
Portal Feature Definitions
This set of features can be customized for each of your customers. You are not required to give every customer the same access, as some may need more options than others. All the requests (service, supply, and feedback) can be tracked and automatically notify you when they come in so you are always quick to respond to customer needs.
Service Request Feature
Service Requests can be enabled to allow your customers to request services through the portal. This gives the ability to document and track a requested task.
Supply Request Feature
Customers can use the supply request to get more consumable supplies. You will set up what supplies they have access to, and they will also be able to add additional details to the request.
The portal’s Inspections page gives the customer access to the inspections done on their locations. They are able to view the ratings and the results your inspectors give on their locations.
The feedback page on the portal works just like a service request, and allows the customer to send you their level of satisfaction and a message telling you what they are feeling about your service. It can be tracked just like Service and Supply requests, so your notifications will keep you updated as soon as feedback is submitted.
Set up Instructions for Portal and Features
Enable Portal and Portal Features (Per Location)
- Go to Customers > Manage Locations
- Find the location you wish to enable the portal on, and click the edit pencil
- Click the Portal link (located below the “Change customer” drop-down)
- Click Enable Portal
- Click the different Enable buttons to enable your preferred portal options for this specific location.*
- Service Requests - In order to provide services your customers can request, those services will have to exist in your JM account. Find the services instructions here.
- Supply Requests
* Starting Recommendations
When first using the portal and giving your customers access, it is recommended that you start small. You may just want to use the Service Requests, Supply requests (if needed) and Feedback sections. Use the Inspection feature with caution as it provides a lot of information to the customers. As they see the scores your inspectors give to your cleaning jobs, it may reveal problem areas that the customer was unaware of.
Create a portal user for the customer
Portal Users will have access to the customer portal, that they can use to submit requests and communicate needs with you. It is recommended that you keep a small maximum number of portal users per customer, as having one or two key contacts at a location will help keep the requests more manageable than if you were to give an entire location’s staff access to the portal.
- Go to Customers > Manage Customers
- Select the Portal Users Menu (Next to General)
- Click + Add Portal User button
- Fill out the form, making sure to click in the select locations box at the top and add all the locations necessary for this portal user
- (if they are a contact for multiple locations, they may need access to each of those locations.).
- Click Save
- This will put you back in the Portal users page. You must now find the new person you created and click the Enable button in the Actions column.
- This will send the new portal user an email with their login information. We recommend telling the customer that they will get an email from firstname.lastname@example.org providing them with their login and a temporary password.
When using the Customer Portal, email notification settings are highly recommended so you and your staff are immediately aware of customer needs and can respond to them quickly. This is valuable for scheduling work, but also for customer peace of mind as you can respond to their requests with a message to make sure they know they have been heard.
- Go to Customers > Manage locations
- Click on the edit pencil of the customer you wish to edit
- Select the Assignments link
- In the Assignment/Notification Actions column, edit the staff who are assigned to the location
- The +Assign /x Unassign button will toggle the employee as Assigned/Unassigned to the location
- The + Train / x Not Trained button will toggle the employee as trained/untrained on the location
- When an employee is both assigned and trained on a location, the Notification drop-down will appear, allowing you to choose their style of notifications.
- Email - Sends message to the email address listed on the user's General Maintenance page (Employees > Manage Employees > Edit Pencil)
- Text - See Email to Text Notifications article - sends a text as email message to the email address listed on the user's general maintenance page (Employees > Manage Employees > Edit Pencil)